One blog post that best shows my
ability to analyze text and its meaning is my week 2 early conflict review post. This post shows how I can depict what is happening in the scene or line
of text and support an idea of what will happen next in the story based on
other character's gains and losses in the situation. An example of me using
other character motives to support an inference on the developing story is
""A red stain blossomed on his shirt, and Artemis gave up the fight
to stay conscious." This line is important to developing the plot because
it shows how Artemis, the main character has been severely injured and is out
of action for some time. This is important because this gives the main villain,
Opal Kaboi the time she needs to further her plans without the interference of
her only intellectual equal or even better, Artemis Fowl." This shows how
I can depict a piece of text and logically analyzes what it means and how it
affects all the other characters in the story. My blog is exemplar because it
shows the main points of conflict and has a strong analysis of character
feelings and thoughts in both of my posts on the opal deception
My goals for reading and writing
for the next trimester are to increase my literary skill by reading more
developed books and using cites like good reads to choose books appropriate for
my level of reading instead of rereading old books. I need to work towards
improving my writing in the sense of keeping sentences short and preventing
long lasting lines. Also in the aspect of reading I need to advance in my analyzing
skill while reading due to my difficulty depicting what the author is trying to
tell the reader with their novel. I will also need to improve my handwriting
for next trimester because as many of my teachers have commented that it is
"too light to read", so I will need to darken my handwriting and take
more time writing out my sentences.
This whole blog is very well written and uses many elements of good writing. Good job and keep up the good work
ReplyDelete